Volunteer red shirts who help to make all our functions successful
NAFA Management Meetings
The Management Committee meets regularly in Brisbane and we encourage all NAFA Members to come along and get involved. If you are a NAFA Member and would like to attend a Management Meeting, please contact us in advance for details on how to take part.
The NAFA Management Meeting Schedule for 2022 is detailed below. With a couple of exceptions, there will be a meeting once a month; typically, on the evening of the second Tuesday.
Following the Covid-19 restrictions of 2020 and 2021 our plan is to reintroduce some physical meetings throughout 2022; though we will continue to hold all meetings via Zoom Teleconference as this has proved to be a vital option for some people. This page will be kept up to date, so please check back periodically to ensure that you have the latest schedule.
- 10th May 2022 – NAFA Management Committee Meeting and Executive Presentation – BWCC and via ZOOM
- 14th June 2022 – NAFA Management Committee Meeting – via ZOOM Only
- 12th July 2022 – NAFA Management Committee Meeting – via ZOOM Only
- 9th August 2022 – NAFA Management Committee Meeting – BWCC and via ZOOM
- 13th September 2022 – NAFA Management Committee Meeting – via ZOOM Only
- No Meeting in October
- 8th November 2022 – NAFA Management Committee Meeting – via ZOOM Only
- 13th December 2022 – NAFA Management Committee Meeting – BWCC and via ZOOM
- ZOOM Meetings – Zoom Meeting details will be emailed to the Management Committee ahead of the Meeting. If you are a current NAFA Member, and wish to atend a Management Meeting please email the Secretary for details.
- BWCC – Brisbane Workers’ Community Centre, 11/2 Latrobe Terrace, Paddington, Qld 4064 – *TBC dependent on Covid-19 restrictions.
Watch this space ….. for news of our next fundraising events.
We typically hold two major fundraising events each year. There is an NAFA Annual Dinner in May, where we celebrate Nepali New Year, and Nepal in the Park which is a cultural day and a fundraising walk at Mt Coot-tha held in August.
NAFA Annual Fundraising Dinner 2022 – On Hold
We are very keen to schedule our Annual Fundraising Dinner this year, particularly as we have been unable to do so for the past two years due to Covid restrictions on gatherings. Given the significant commitment required to stage this event, and our duty of care to those attending, we must plan with the appropriate level of caution. We will continue to monitor the ongoing Covid situation and will schedule the event as soon as we feel confident to do so. We remain very eager to find a suitable date this year and will keep every informed via the Events Page and NAFA Bulletins.
NAFA welcomes members, non-members and anyone interested in helping us raise money and awareness for the people of Nepal.
If you have an event suggestion contact us and share your ideas.
Watch this space ….. for news of our next market locations.
If you are keen to lend a hand at any of our market stalls please contact us