- This event has passed.
Brisbane Marathon 2017
August 6 @ 6:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Brisbane Marathon might sound daunting, and for the athletes amongst you, there is a full and half marathon, but there are also much more manageable 10km and 5km walk/run events, and even a 1km walk for the children.
Scheduled for Sunday 6th August, this is an event that almost everyone can take part in, and you have 13 weeks to prepare!! To be successful we want as many people to join in as possible. Here’s what we want you to do:
• Sign up to take part in the Brisbane Marathon Festival by choosing one of the events. The 10km is likely to be the most popular, but if you think that’s too much then choose the 5km events. Leading by example, some of the NAFA committee have already signed up to the 10km !
• Registration is easy via www.brisbanemarathon.com or just google Brisbane Marathon and you’ll find the website.
• You’ll need to pay a registration fee. It is important to remember that this covers the management of the event only and does not in itself constitute any fundraising. The sooner you commit, the cheaper it is … and the longer you have to prepare.
• Then you’ll need to set up a fundraising page using a web-based organisation and tie your fundraising to NAFA. You can download full and detailed instructions on how to do this here. Brisbane Marathon – Registration Details
• Set yourself a fundraising target and then use the power of your social network, and work colleagues to help raise funds. All donations over $2 will be tax deductable. Coming towards the end of the financial year is a great opportunity to encourage people to donate.
So, benefit from the cooler winter months, get active, fitter and healthier by bringing awareness of NAFA’s great work and generate the much needed funds we need to complete our work this year.
Queries? Contact Russ Waller firstname.lastname@example.org